1. Have you ever had a nickname? What?
Several of my friends call me by my last name, Mordecai. Last syllable pronounced “key” as in #MajorKey.
2. How old are you in dog years?
3. Where did you grow up?
Virginia Beach, VA
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5. What’s your favorite book?
The Defining Decade by Dr. Meg Jay. I would totally hire Meg Jay to be my life coach, assuming Mariska was unavailable.
6. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
One of my best friends who lives in Richmond took me to a restaurant where they serve a sandwich with mac-and-cheese, bacon, and BBQ sauce on it. The American dream.
7. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
Mariska Hargitay: my greatest role model, other than my mom.
8. Cats or Dogs?
Not really an animal person, tbh.
9. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A granola bar from the Student Affairs office. Thanks, Ms. Lisa!
10. If you were a superhero what would your superpower be?
Teleportation. It’d be helpful for spending time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins who are spread out along the east coast, and in California. Also helpful for times like the morning I accidentally woke up at 8:22 for my 8:30 class.
11. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
1. I went to UVa for undergrad.
2. I studied abroad in Europe.
3. I spent my early childhood as a member of the hip-hop dance company at a place called Attitudez Dance Studio.
Lie: #2. I’ve never been to Europe.
12. Are you a good dancer?
Yes. See Question #11.
13. Do you sing in the shower?
Yes. Mainly alternating between a two-song repertoire of KT Tunstall’s “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree,” and John Legend’s “Ordinary People.”
14. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
Last year for my birthday, several friends from my section chipped in $5/person and got me a $70 Bodo’s gift card. Whoever said diamonds are the way to a girl’s heart has clearly never been to Bodo’s.
15. Do you believe the library should install a water feature?
I thought we already had one…
16. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
At what age my hair goes gray; tends to happen earlier rather than later in my family.
17. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
Gotta give it to *NSYNC, seeing as they provided the soundtrack for that dance my two sisters and I made up to “Pop” in 2001.
18. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Watch the greatest men’s basketball team in the entire NCAA/universe play at John Paul Jones arena. #gohoos
19. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Federal mandate for all disc jokeys to play at least one Beyoncé song per gathering, and tax cut eligibility for satisfying mandate with dance anthems from her B’Day album.