1. Have you ever had a nickname? What? Yes, I have had a nickname. My sister would call me “Bo” growing up, and it is still used occasionally by my family members. It was also the name of one of my great-grandfathers.
2. What is your favorite word? Optimism.
3. Where did you grow up? I grew up in the Little Mountain, South Carolina.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? I’m a huge fan of shrimp and grits. They are the best in Charleston, South Carolina and cannot be topped.
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why? That’s a tough question because I have so many. I would likely go with Sir Ian McKellen or Sir Patrick Stewart because they are both fabulous film and stage actors. I’m not sure that I could choose between them.
6. If you owned a sports team, what/whom would be the mascot? The mascot would likely be a tiger.
7. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be? Even though I would like to be a prosecutor, my background song would be Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? I would love to fly, but it would have to be over 100 mph. First, I wouldn’t have to waste money on gas unless it was raining. Second, I could basically go anywhere.
9. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVA? That it is basically an exercise in critical reading and writing for three years.
10. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Raisin-less oatmeal with cinnamon.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Good question. Probably Rome, because I love classical history.
12. What’s the best (or worst!) PG-rated pick-up line you’ve ever heard? Are you from Tennessee? Because you are the only ten that I see.
13. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? My hand-made cello, named Sebastian, which I still continue to play to this day. He was made by Sally Mullikin, a fabulous string luthier, in 2005 while she was a student in Newark, England.
14. If the law school had yearbook awards, what would you want to win? Most likely to find buried treasure.
15. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be? That’s difficult. I would want to know how many children I have.
16. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC? Backstreet Boys. That’s not even a question.
17. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep? Gosh. When making a fourteen-hour trip to Michigan from South Carolina.
18. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville? Visit wineries.
19. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be? Treat others as you would have them treat you. Our world would be a much better place.
20. What’s your earliest childhood memory? My earliest childhood memory is pretending to cook with pots on the steps on my home. I was playing as a chef.
21. What’s your favorite movie quote? My favorite movie quote is as follows: “Our lives are defined by opportunities; even the ones we miss.” -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button