1. Have you ever had a nickname? What? Yes, but not by my own choosing. A few of my classmates called me “Bert” in elementary school!
2. How old are you in dog years? About three.
3. Where did you grow up? I spent the first five years of my life in South Jersey and the next five in Northern Virginia. My family has lived in Southeastern Pennsylvania since 2002. I have strong ties to the Philadelphia area.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? I once ate at Wierzynek, one of the oldest restaurants in Europe! The Krakow establishment is said to be the site of the 1364 wedding celebration between the granddaughter of the Polish king, Casimir the Great, and Charles IV, the Holy Roman Emperor.
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be? Pope Francis.
6. What’s your favorite book? I don’t have a favorite, but I recently enjoyed A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy O’Toole.
7. Cats or Dogs? Dogs. Let’s be honest; Sassy was the worst Homeward Bound character.
8. If you were a superhero what would your superpower be? The ability to be fully present, to transcend time
9. Are you a good dancer? Uhh…yeah.
10. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
I got a bee stuck in my shirt on the first day of fifth grade.
I have number-form synesthesia.
The ShamWow! guy graduated from my high school. (False)
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I’d love to spend some time in Italy, livin’ that expat life…
12. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? My Mom gave me the first three Harry Potter books for my eighth birthday.
13. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be? I would like to foresee my biggest regret (and how I can avoid it, if possible).
14. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC? *NSYNC, obviously. JT beats Nick Carter any day.
15. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville? I have enjoyed hiking in nearby Shenandoah National Park.