1. Have you ever had a nickname? What? My nicknames are “Jah” and “Mayka.” My family is petty.
2. Where did you grow up? I was born, bred, and educated in the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
3. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? My mother-in-law’s Gujarati styled eggplant and potato curry is to die for.
4. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be? I have always dreamt of meeting Sanaa Lathan. I am a Love & Basketball fanatic.
5. What’s your favorite book? My favorite book is Beloved by Toni Morrison. It is the one book that touches my soul and shakes me to the core each time that I read it.
6. Cats or Dogs? Dogs– preferably puppies.
7. If you were a superhero what would your superpower be? Power to heal the wounded and broken-hearted.
8. Are you a good dancer? Absolutely. My ancestors are African and Indo-Caribbean. I got it honest.
9. What did you have for breakfast this morning? A banana and iced coffee with almond milk.
10. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?) 1) I started working at 13. 2) I am missing a large portion of my lung. 3) I’ve met President Obama. (#3. I wish!)
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? London. I spent three years there and my wife is from there, so it’s a natural fit.
12. Do you sing in the shower? Yes, to country music only.
13. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? My health. I am so thankful to be able to wake up each morning fully able to enjoy this world and live my life to the fullest.
14. Do you believe the library should install a water feature? Let’s do it. I’m here for the healing power and calming effects of water for our law students!
15. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be? Replace the toilet paper after you finish it.