Jason Boyle ‘18
1. Have you ever had a nickname? What?
JBo is what my teammates and coach from my college debate team call me.
2. What is your favorite word?
3. Where did you grow up?
Pilesgrove Township in rural Salem County, New Jersey. Basically, the “garden” part of the Garden State.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
The special rolls at Sushi Lounge in Morristown, New Jersey. I especially recommend the Hoboken Roll.
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Patrick Stewart. He seems very approachable and I imagine he has a lot of wisdom about life and the world that he would be eager to share. And obviously, because Picard was the greatest captain of all.
6. If you owned a sports team, what/whom would be the mascot?
My sports team would be the Jackalopes. The mascot would appear as a large jackrabbit with deer antlers. I probably wouldn’t attend any of the games, but I would wear the team shirt.
7. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be?
Take It from Me, by KONGOS. The sole motivation behind my desire to learn how to play the accordion.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
I would love the power of flight more than anything. I would probably get stuck with something more mundane but practical, like the ability to locate buried potatoes with my mind.
9. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVa?
While it is true that you don’t have to know what you want to do after graduation while in law school, knowing what you want to do, choosing classes and extracurriculars, and networking toward a specific area of law from day one can make a huge difference. The hiring process gives too little room to explore different areas and options while at law school.
10. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Three scrambled eggs, wheat toast with hummus, and a bowl of plain yogurt with blueberries and granola. Big breakfast is key.
11. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
I skipped high school, I’ve run two marathons, and I have millions of views on YouTube. Unfortunately, the marathons are the lie.
12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
At the top of Lookout Mountain, located in the foothills outside of Denver, Colorado. But Buffalo Bill Cody already called dibs and claimed it for his gravesite.
13. What’s the best (or worst!) PG-rated pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
“Tell me, how do you like your eggs in the morning?”
14. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
When I was very young, one of my older brothers gave me a package of modeling clay as a Christmas gift. I’ve loved sculpting clay ever since. I eventually went on to win Best in Show in the Home Economics category at the Salem County Fair for my sculptures.
15. If the law school had yearbook awards, what would you want to win?
Most Time Spent Meditating at School.
16. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
Whether I’ll ever get the opportunity to travel into space. If I knew this was a possibility, I would work harder towards this goal.
17. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
*NSYNC. Easy. Hands down. No contest. Now excuse me while I go Google search these bands…
18. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
Thirty-six hours after pulling an all-nighter to pack and fly from Philadelphia to Melbourne, Australia. Planned to sleep on the plane. That was the same trip I learned that I can’t sleep on planes.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Walk the downtown mall and stop in at the Draft Taproom.
20. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Everyone would have to vote in federal elections. “No preference” would be an option on the ballot, but submitting something would be compulsory like it is in Australia.