Siarra Rogers ‘19
1. Have you ever had a nickname? What?
I’ve never had one my self-esteem couldn’t handle.
2. What is your favorite word?
Bananas /bəˈnanəs/ adjective outrageous, senseless or extremely silly “That is bananas.”
3. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Clearwater, Florida. It’s a beach town outside of Tampa Bay.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
Whatever I can find on the free food table (within reason, looking at you Panera Bagels).
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Jean Claude Van Damme. When I first saw Bloodspot I sat in front of the TV and didn’t take my eyes off the screen. It was the first and last time I haven’t talked through a movie. I like to imagine we would do some splits, kick some palm trees, and maybe get in a workout.
6. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be?
“American Girl” – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. JK, you know I am talking John Mayer cover here. It’s an anthem.
7. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
The ability to always make myself the center of attention.
8. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVa?
How truly incredible the folks here are. Shout out to my friends!
9. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Hashbrowns and Advil.
10. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
(1) Hulk Hogan lived in my neighborhood, (2) I have been in and won a professional eating contest, and (3) I wrestled in high school. Number two is a lie, the contest was not professional and I took second.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would live in Zion National Park. So, Utah.
12. What’s the best (or worst!) PG-rated pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
“Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?”
“Are you a casebook? Because I wanna study you all night.”
14. If the Law School had yearbook awards, what would you want to win?
Teacher’s Pet, gotta get those Letters of Rec.
15. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
I’d like to know which of my classmates will be the president that appoints me to my judgeship.
16. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
On advice of counsel, I would like to utilize my fifth amendment right against self-incrimination.
18. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep and why?
I get eight hours a night, baby.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Going to Bilt three-to-five times a week.
20. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
I would outlaw Pav construction during the school year. I understand they need to lay new tile on top of other tile, but the water saw has woken me up every day this week and, frankly, I am resentful.