Wyatt Kozinski '18
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
Numey. For some reason, my soccer coach thought that I looked like Alfred E. Neuman.
2. What is your favorite word?
3. Where did you grow up?
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
I once had a delicious meal while travelling with my brother in Barcelona. We were greeted with freshly poured cava, and before the napkins hit our laps, the food started coming. After four or five courses of fresh seafood, a gentleman in coattails simply asked, “more?” We nodded until our stomachs hurt. Those monosyllabic exchanges were the only interaction we had with anyone there.
For a guy who hates talking to his barber, this was heaven.
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Norm MacDonald. The man can turn a knock-knock joke into a shaggy dog story and vice-versa.
6. If you owned a sports team, what/who would be the mascot?
7. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be?
As Slow as Possible by John Cage. And I hope to hear the whole thing.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
The power of love.
9. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVA Law?
Professor Jeffries is the kindest man you’ll ever meet.
10. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A plate of scrambled eggs and cheesy grits, y’all.
11. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
When I was in fourth grade, Steven Segal flipped me the bird. I was part of a neo-funk duo called Sexual Factory. I once bench pressed a baby gorilla at a party on a dare.
12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would live in Florence, and it would be in Colorado.
13. What’s your least favorite sound?
“Thank you for interviewing, we’ll be in touch.”
14. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
My striking good looks (see pic).
15. If the Law School had yearbook awards, what would you want to win?
Most likely to interplead.
16. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
The BTC/USD conversion rate on Jan. 1, 2024.
17. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
18. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep and why?
Once stayed up for three days waiting excitedly in line for an *NSYNC concert.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Walking Rivanna trail with a good friend.
20. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Be excellent to each other.