1. Have you ever had a nickname and what’s the origin of it?
People in high school called me Katorade because, as a freshman, I accidentally spilled a full container of red Gatorade powder on the principal’s two-year-old daughter. The toddler and my classmates thought it was hilarious. My principal did not.
2. What is your favorite word?
3. Where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in the Reno, Nevada/Lake Tahoe area. I will fight people who incorrectly pronounce “Nevada” as “Nev-ah-duh”.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
My mother makes a killer grilled-cheese sandwich with four cheeses. I think their deliciousness has a lot to do with the copious amounts of butter she uses, but I can’t be sure because I’ve been unable to replicate them.
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
I would want to meet Leo DiCaprio because I still don’t understand the ending to Inception and I have questions that need answering.
6. If you owned a sports team, what/who would be the mascot?
The mascot would be a capybara because I think they’re hilarious. Then again, people in mascot costumes make me nervous, so perhaps my sportsteam wouldn’t have a mascot and I should just acquire a pet capybara for myself.
7. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be?
I would probably go with “Renegade” by The Styx. It never fails to pump me up.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your super power be?
Never needing to sleep would be an excellent and very practical super power.
9. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVa?
I wish that I had known that some professors don’t allow laptops in class because I would have spent the summer working on my penmanship so that I could actually read my notes.
10. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Homemade French toast, imported maple syrup, fresh berries, and mimosas . . . Just kidding. I’m pretty sure I rolled out of bed and ate stale Goldfish crackers and canned fruit.
11. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
1. I met Paul McCartney while hanging out in a hotel swimming pool. 2. I spent a summer on an archaeological dig in Lebanon. 3. I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until I was 18.
(Number 2 is the lie. Though I do truly enjoy archaeology, I’ve never been to Lebanon.)
12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would want to live in London. I studied abroad there during undergrad and fell in love with it.
13. What’s the best (or worst!) PG-rated pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
Is your name Earl Grey? Because you look like a hot-tea!
14. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
When I was going through a rough time in undergrad, my family gave me my Great Grandma Jewel’s college class ring. When she was widowed at the age of 42, she put herself through college and went on to get a Master’s degree while raising three children on her own. She wore the ring everyday while she had it, and I have worn it every day since it was given to me.
15. If the law school had yearbook awards, what would you want to win?
I hope I would win “least likely to sleep through a morning class,” but the chances of my never sleeping through my 8:30 class are extremely slim. Realistically, I could probably win “most likely to still get hopelessly lost in the law school as a 3L.”
16. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
It’s a trap! I don’t want to know anything about my future. Does that ever turn out well in movies and literature?
17. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
This might be the hardest question on here. I think I’ll have to go with Backstreet Boys, though. (Sorry, JT!)
18. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
About fifty hours. Never again.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Everything! So far, I really like sitting on the benches at the downtown mall and people watching. The hiking is nice, too!