1. Have you ever had a nickname? What?
Carl, or Cist. Apparently not as cool to use all 5 letters of my name.
2. What is your favorite word?
Dotard. Look it up.
3. Where did you grow up?
The heartland, Iowa (75% vowels, 100% awesome). Des Moines specifically, one of the best cities for young professionals, check it out.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
Any meal in Israel, but especially the ones with unlimited wine.
5. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be?
Work Bitch, Britney Spears. Best motivational song ever made, and she is my spirit animal.
6. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
To be able to eat and drink whatever I want and never gain any weight. There are only so many Cookout and Taco Bell runs a normal person can make…
7. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVA?
That I would need all my old costumes and fun clothes for themed parties I had in college. A heads-up about Feb Club would have been helpful.
8. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Does coffee count?
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Somewhere where it’s not too hot or too cold, all you need is a light jacket!
10. What’s the best (or worst!) PG-rated pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
You know what would make the iPhone better? My number in it.
11. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
My dog at home, Snickers. Even though she is now my dad’s shadow, nothing will beat finding out I could finally get a dog for my 15th birthday.
12. If the Law School had yearbook awards, what would you want to win?
13. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
Do the winning lottery numbers count? That public service salary is unfortunately part of my future.
14. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep and why?
72 hours my freshman year of college when I was working every weekend. I do not recommend getting anywhere close to that, those hallucinations will getcha.
15. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Going on hikes and to wineries. But really the wineries…trying to go to all of the ones on the Monticello wine trial before graduation. With 20 down I’m at a good spot!
16. If you owned a sports team, what/who would be the mascot?
Gryffinwhores—shout-out to my HP trivia team
17. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
You are not allowed to say any variation of “what’s up” to someone in passing. Everyone knows you don’t actually want them to stop and tell you what is up with them.