1. What are you most excited for during your first year in New York City?
Everything? Starting work and having access to a real airport are at the top of the list. I think Carrie Bradshaw said it best: “I miss New York. Take me home.”
2. What is your favorite word?
How about two words: Snow Day.
3. Where did you grow up?
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, between the oldest city in America and Jacksonville. PVB is also the site where Ponce De Leon first landed in Florida, thereby making him the first European to discover America in 1513. Columbus “discovered” the Bahamas and Ponce was on that voyage. P.S. Email me if you want to discuss the filth that was Jamestown and other lies Virginia tells its schoolchildren.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
My mom’s matzo ball soup and brisket on Passover, hands down!
5. What’s your favorite hobby to avoid the stress of law school?
Running and listening to podcasts.
6. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Key West, Florida. There’s nothing quite like sitting down to a margarita and conch-fritters after a long day of snorkeling and petting three-toed Hemingway cats.
7. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVa Law?
That you don’t have to be a litigator; there is such an emphasis and a certain blind prestige associated with the area in law school, but there is so much interesting, proactive work to be done on the transactional and regulatory side.
8. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
In high school I organized phone banks and canvassed for then-Senator Obama in my neighborhood. So for my sixteenth birthday my parents surprised me with a trip to Washington, DC to attend President Obama’s Inauguration.
9. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
98 degrees, Nick La-Bae, amiright?
10. What is the best concert you have ever been to?
Bonnaroo 2015, which might be cheating because it was four days worth of incredible back-to-back shows! Earth Wind & Fire, Brandi Carlile, Kendrick Lamar, Belle & Sebastian, I could go on.
11. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Hiking, going to breweries, and talking about how much better Publix is than the Harry T.
12. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
No sitting at standing desks; the greatest assault to civilized society.
13. What’s your favorite food(s)?
Cuban sandwiches, yucca, arroz con frijoles, flan, café con leche… basically anything Cuban and/or sold out of a window in Miami.
14. What are the 7 wonders of the law school?
Snakes under the WB floorboards; Jalapeño kettle chips from Student Affairs; ANG’s youth and endurance; Dean Goluboff; the koi in the koi pond (RIP); the missing RFK bust; the UVa Law Library Instagram account.