Nicole Llinares ‘19
1. What is your favorite word?
2. Where did you grow up?
Hauppauge, N.Y. which is in the middle of Long Island. It’s equally far from the city and the Hamptons as well as the North and South Shores. It’s all the traffic with none of the benefits. (Can’t wait to show this Hot Bench to my parents!)
3. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
I’m not very fancy. I went to all the Ohio State football games in college to give the impression I was a loyal fan (which I was), but everyone knows I only stayed for the hotdogs. Recently, however, I went to a restaurant called Damas in Montreal and ate some life-changing Baba Ghanoush salad.
4. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Mindy Kaling. I think she is an amazing role model for young women. Also, she’s hilarious.
5. What’s your favorite hobby to avoid the stress of law school?
The stress of law school has really helped me realize I have no hobbies. I am currently trying to learn how to play the guitar. If you hear a sad attempt at Bob Dylan through the walls of Ivy, that’s me! Everyone seems to react negatively to Wonderwall so I’ll probably start on that one next.
6. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Seaside PARK on the Jersey Shore. Please note the emphasis on Park. I did, however, see D.J. Pauly D working in the Shore Store once.
7. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Sour gummy bears.
8. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
(1) I used to have a lip piercing.
(2) Bachelor in Paradise is bad TV.
(3) I’m a nice person.
Bachelor in Paradise is an extremely entertaining program. #ChrisHarrison2020.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’d get a lake house on Flathead Lake in Montana.
10. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
Tickets to a Spice Girls concert in the second grade.
11. What is the best concert you have ever been to?
I saw Arcade Fire at the Panorama Music Festival on Randall’s Island in 2017. I was not familiar with their music at the time, but it was still the best and most enjoyable performance I have ever seen.
12. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Leave. Fine—breweries! I love Devil’s Backbone, but it’s a bit of a hike (something I sometimes also enjoy).
13. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Never say “hi” to anyone you pass in the hall or on the street. You know, kind of like in NYC. I’m really trying to decrease the percentage of time in my day in which I feel awkward. This rule would really take the pressure off.
14. What’s your favorite food?
Chicken cutlet with mayo. Doesn’t need to be on bread.
15. If you won the lottery, what would you do with it?
Start a production company and make all my own movies.
16. If you had Matrix-like learning, what would you learn?
Videogames. Then I could be the #1 player on Fortnite and make a career out of it and all the celebrities would want to play with me.
17. Where is a place you haven’t been but want to travel to?
Bora Bora ever since my cousin had a poster of it in her room in middle school. And I want everyone to know this was my idea before the Kardashians went and had their big-time family vacation there back when Kim was still married to Chris Humphries.