Your Name: Michelle Chang
1. Have you ever had a nickname? What?
My dad and I were popularly known as the 2 Changz, does that count?
2. What is your favorite word?
3. Where did you grow up?
Taiwan, (we have the best night markets in the WORLD) and West Palm Beach. I only saw snow a whopping three times before the age of 22.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
See above description about night markets. Seriously how can everything taste so good? Although a close runner up is McDonald’s fries and chicken nuggets.
5. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Demi Lovato. She is talented, passionate, beautiful and intelligent. Most importantly she’s real. She opens up about her mental illness and speaks up against bullying and body image issues. She’s a queen and I’d love to tell her how much she’s inspired me over the years.
6. If you owned a sports team, what/who would be the mascot?
Pandas. Sloths. UNICORNS.
7. If you had to pick one song to play non-stop in the background of your life, what would it be?
Demi Lovato’s "Tell Me You Love Me." I already say that phrase ten times a day anyways.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
Speak every language. Communication is a beauty of humanity. And also my sources of gossip is now unlimited.
9. What’s something you wish you’d known about law school before coming to UVa? People drink a lot. A lot more than a lot.
10. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Kevin Malone’s chili.
11. What’s your most interesting two-truths-and-a-lie? (And what’s the lie?)
1. Two friends and I once had a podcast about Dawson’s Creek and James Van Der Beek tweeted at us. (lie, it was John Wesley Shipp who tweeted at us. I’m famous yes.)
2. My face is on an exhibit in the Frost Museum of Science in Miami. (again, I’m famous yes)
3. I’m allergic to happiness, aka furry friends and alcohol.
12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
13. What’s the best (or worst!) PG-rated pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
“Going to bed? Mind if I Slytherin?”
14. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
From my Law School wife Rachel Gallagher: Hermione Granger’s wand with the note “because you’re magical.”
15. If the Law School had yearbook awards, what would you want to win?
Most petty or most dramatic.
16. If you could know one thing about your future, what would it be?
Will I ever meet Demi Lovato?
17. Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
I don’t know her.
18. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep and why?
Close to 24 hours in high school. I was in an IB program. Contrary to popular belief, the “S” in “IB therefore IBS,” does not stand for sleep.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do in Charlottesville?
Visiting Carter Mountain! There are actually non-drinking activities for me to do there!
20. If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Nap time is mandatory. At least 20 minutes every four hours. At work and at school. Everywhere.